Date: March 2023
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Starting Salary: $50,000
Habitat for Humanity’s Vision: A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
We are looking for a talented and passionate individual to join our Memphis Habitat team. The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and managing informed digital strategies and campaigns that appeal to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis’ and the Memphis ReStore’s target audiences.
Essential Functions of Position
- Social Media Marketing:
- Manage and grow all Memphis Habitat social media communities to increase awareness and opportunities for connection.
- Consistently create, schedule, and publish engaging content that aligns with Habitat’s mission, fundraising goals, volunteer activities and special events.
- Respond to messages and engage with social media audiences.
- Oversee the creation and management of Memphis Habitat digital ad campaigns.
- Provide strategic counsel to ReStore Director and ReStore Marketing Specialist to strengthen Memphis ReStore’s social media efforts.
- Email Marketing Program:
- Produce and manage email campaigns through the Pardot/Salesforce email system, including segmentation, A/B testing and re-engagement campaigns.
- Work closely with fundraising team to maintain a clean and optimized email database.
- Manage Memphis Habitat’s web presence daily and support Memphis ReStore loyalty program as needed.
- Ensure website stays current, dynamic, and accessible to target audiences.
- Work with outside web vendors when necessary.
- Manage ongoing SEO and GoogleAds campaigns.
- Content Creation:
- Work collaboratively with the MarCom Director and Graphic Designer to provide digital support to all Memphis Habitat initiatives within brand guidelines.
- Coordinate digital content needs, suggestions, and calendar across affiliate teams.
- Draft communications across digital channels such as blogs, posts, forms, and emails.
- Develop short videos for social media and website use. Engage with outside vendors when necessary.
- Data Analysis:
- Use tools such as Google Analytics and Meta for Business to pull and analyze KPI metrics for all digital marketing efforts.
- Build reports and offer recommendations for improvements.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience in social media and/or digital marketing or a related field required, 5 years preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or related field required.
- Ability to produce written and visual content. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva a plus.
- Familiarity with the basics of photography and video.
- Experience with email marketing platforms and/or Salesforce a plus.
- Understand SEO and web traffic data. Experience with GoogleAds/GoogleAd grants strongly preferred.
- Experience working with multiple social media sites.
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Organized and self-motivated
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional at communications and building relationships
- Regular and reliable attendance required
- Understand SEO and web traffic data
Skills: You are…
- Able to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- A strong writer with a creative eye.
- Able to communicate and work effectively with people across multiple locations and job functions.
- Passionate about branding and digital marketing.
- A self-starter and a collaborative team player simultaneously.
- Eager to keep learning and stay knowledgeable of the latest policies, trends, and technology.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
This job operates primarily in an office environment, but may spend time in a retail environment (our ReStore) and on a build site. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items that weigh up to 50 pounds with help. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. A standard work week is Monday through Friday 9am-5pm. Saturday work will be seasonal to coincide with our housebuilding projects. Evening work may be required as job duties demand.
Note: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our community to help them build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and Aging in Place home modifications for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in our community. Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.