Date: March 2023
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Memphis, TN
Starting Salary: $80,000
The Director of Finance & Accounting is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, other regulatory and advisory organizations, and financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Direct the day-to-day financial and accounting operations of the affiliate within the organization’s financial control environment.
· Evaluate, develop, and maintain an effective internal control environment for the organization.
· Oversite and review of deposit and documentation of all Income and Accounts Receivable activity.
· Oversite and review of Accounts Payable disbursements activity.
· Review and process all check activity.
· Review and record all payroll activity.
· Oversite of monthly bank and general ledger reconciliations
· Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements, monthly departmental budget analysis, and quarterly financial reports.
· Prepare all year-end accounting and compliance reports.
· Assist in the preparation of annual budget.
· Prepare for year-end financial, worker's compensation and grant audits.
· Maintain all required reports; financial, facilities, insurance files, and payroll and employee benefit records.
· Serve as insurance administrator and maintain all appropriate files.
· Oversite and maintenance of adequate filing system and proper record retention of financial documents.
· Update and maintain finance policies and procedures and oversee compliance. Create new policies as needed.
Required Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; Masters in Business Administration and/or CPA preferred.
· 10 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5 years previous management experience preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our community to help them build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and Aging in Place home modifications for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in our community. Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.