Date: February 2023
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Memphis, TN
Starting Salary: $50,000, based on experience
The Fund Development Manager - Individuals and Corporations will expand Memphis Habitat’s donor base, diversifying funding across individual giving and corporate support. Reporting to the Director of Development, this position will execute strategic fundraising program initiatives, campaigns, and events that will strengthen our current individuals and corporate partnerships, while increasing new partnerships that will sustain Memphis Habitat’s annual giving.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Execute fundraising appeals to grow individual giving, corporate partnerships, and small private foundation grants.
· Work with staff to establish and maintain a work plan and timeline, including segmenting donors, creating mail lists and ask levels, making follow-up phone calls, tracking all gifts, writing thank you notes, and issuing donor acknowledgment letters.
· Collaborate with the Director of Development and Marketing and Communications Team to develop materials for corporate sponsorship packages and to secure in-kind donations.
· Collaborate with Volunteer Engagement Manager on annual volunteer build site projects, including theme builds, overseeing the program from conception to evaluation, fundraising, audience identification, etc.
· Provide support during events and community engagement activities, with particular attention to donors.
· Continue to develop knowledge of fundraising best practices through membership in the Association of Fundraising Professionals and attendance at professional development events and trainings.
Required Education & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in related field with 5 years of fundraising experience, or 9 years of fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector.
· Strong organizational skills; well disciplined; able to work under the pressure of multiple, concurrent priorities; and meet deadlines. Project management certification a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our community to help them build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and Aging in Place home modifications for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in our community. Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.