Date: March 2023
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Location: Memphis, TN
Starting Salary: $48,000
The Repairs Project Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations for home assessments, inspections, and confirmation that sub-contractor work is completed, inspected, and approved. The Repairs Project Manager will also perform property site inspections, initiate and manage sub-contractor work, and conduct final inspections for various repair programs such as Aging in Place and Neighborhood Revitalization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that both home assessments and inspections within a project go forward as planned and are according to requirements, standards, and regulations.
- Document findings at the time of assessment, mid-project, and at inspection.
- Timely documentation and email responses.
- Confirm that sub-contractor work is completed, inspected, and approved.
- Discuss deficiencies with sub-contractors and works to ensure needed corrections are made.
- Certify that performed work is going to be approved by the local authority’s building control department or by an approved inspector.
- Communicate effectively and create an environment for a successful experience with homeowners, donors, and subcontractors.
- Manage projects, staff, and time to ensure funding deadlines.
- Evaluate and implement good safety practices and constantly stresses same with contractors and other staff.
Required Education & Experience
- 5 years experience in construction/contracting or other related experiences
- High School Diploma or General Equivalent Diploma
- Preferred Experience:
- Nonprofit and/or Habitat for Humanity
- Construction Management experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Database entry (i.e., SalesForce)
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our community to help them build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and Aging in Place home modifications for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in our community. Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.