Donate your Car through Habitat for Humanity International's Cars for Homes program!
About Cars for Homes
Cars for Homes is a program of Habitat for Humanity International. Once a car is sold, 100 percent of the net proceeds of the sale of the car will be
distributed to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis. To donate a car through the Cars for Homes program, click here.
How do I start the vehicle donation process?
- Call Cars for Homes toll-free at 1-877-277-4344 or make your boat, truck, RV or car donation online.
- You will be asked to provide information about the vehicle you
wish to donate, including the make, model, vehicle identification number
(VIN) and current mileage.
- Most vehicles with proper title information are accepted, unless
the costs of processing and towing fees exceed the auction value of the
What happens after my vehicle is accepted?
- You will be given instructions for processing the vehicle’s title. If the title cannot be located, assistance is available.
- Your donated car is then assigned for pickup and sale.
- Arrangements are then made to have the title processed.
- You will be contacted to coordinate the vehicle and key pickup by
a licensed and insured member of the national network of contractors
who work for Advanced Remarketing Services, Habitat for Humanity’s
What happens after my vehicle is picked up?
Your vehicle will be sold through a national network of diverse venues on behalf of Habitat for Humanity.
- After the car has been sold, you will receive an acknowledgement
letter thanking you for your support and providing the vehicle sale
information. This letter may be used as a receipt for tax deduction
purposes; additional tax documents will be provided when required by IRS
regulations as a result of the sale value of the vehicle.
For more information, visit habitat.org.